Headquartered in Toledo, OH, Marco’s Pizza (Marco’s Franchising, LLC) is the fastest-growing pizza company in the U.S. (based on the number of stores signed into development since 2007). Marco’s was founded by native Italian, Pasquale “Pat” Giammarco, and is committed to making authentic italian pizza with fresh ingredients. The company has grown from its roots as a beloved Ohio brand to operate more than 470 stores in 33 states, and the Bahamas.
Marco’s is now recognized as one of the top-performing restaurant franchises in the country.
In 2013 Marco’s Pizza added 109 new stores and as of March 2014, has over 470 stores in 33 states, doubling in size over the last five years. More than 1500 new Marco’s locations are on their way, which means the company will quadruple its store count in the next few years.
Pizza Today ranks Marco’s Pizza 12th based on gross sales
- Pizza Hut, 14,357 stores, $12.6 billion
- Domino’s Pizza, 10,255 stores, $7.4 billion
- Papa John’s International, 4,252 stores, $2.94 billion
- Little Caesars Pizza, 3,500 stores, $1.45 billion
- California Pizza Kitchen, 266 stores, $715 million
- Papa Murphy’s International, 1,378 stores, $702 million
- Sbarro, 1,002 stores, $602 million
- CiCi’s Pizza, 622 stores, $552 million
- Chuck E. Cheese’s, 567 stores, $410 million
- Round Table Pizza, 441 stores, $384 million
- Godfather’s Pizza, 621 stores, $335.4 million
- Marco’s Pizza, 387 stores, $280.0 million