The new Atascocita Park, a project overseen by Precinct 2 Commissioner Adrian Garcia’s office is now complete.
This $11.5 million project created a brand new addition to Precinct 2’s park system and boasts several exciting amenities including: a large playground with one of the highest skywalks in the area, dog park for large and small breeds, large picnic pavilion, and much more!
“I’m so excited for Atascocita Park to finally open,” said Commissioner Garcia. “The area is growing at a tremendous pace, and residents will now have a place to get away and enjoy the great outdoors. From the walking trails through the trees to the boardwalk over the natural pond and the massive playground, this park is sure to provide residents with a unique and fun experience.”
With large crowds likely to visit the park, Commissioner Garcia urges park goers to practice social distancing and wear masks to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Atascocita Park is a 21-acre park located at 17302 West Lake Houston Parkway in Atascocita. The park hours are dawn to dusk Monday through Sunday.
This exciting new park features;
- A Dog Park, including an area for large breeds and a separate area for smaller breeds
- Walking trails that wind through the a designated forest area, across the pond boardwalk, and grasslands
- A large playground and open play areas
- 2.5 acre natural pond with a boardwalk traversing the pond.
- Large picnic pavilion
- Plenty of parking and Restrooms