The Grand Texas theme park announced today that is has closed its loan with Member Choice Credit Union on the Shady Oaks RV Resort and campground and can resume infrastructure improvements once more. A representatives said “Unfortunately, the loan required that we cease construction until it funded which is why the site has been so quiet lately.”
The Shady Oaks RV Resort will offer 136 spaces for guests that will enjoy a weekend, a week or even a month at the theme park.
Of course, the RV Resort is only a small portion of what the Sports and Entertainment District is developing.
Grand Texas Theme Park
While visiting Grand Texas, guests will enjoy 150 acres of adventure and entertainment that will include:
- Water Rides
- Dozens of Midway Games & Attractions
- Adventure Park complete with zip lines, ropes course and other eco-friendly activities (Phase II)
- Daily Shows in multiple Entertainment Areas
- Equestrian Trails
- “Agritainment” area with petting zoos, pony rides, a working farm and more
- Living Museum
- Full-Size Steam Train
- Real Stage Coach Line
- And more!
Big Rivers Water Park
The District’s exclusive waterpark will consist of 40 beautiful acres of waterpark fun in a natural, picturesque setting for the enjoyment of our guests.
Ballpark of Montgomery County
The stadium will accommodate up to 6,000 guests on game day and up to 9,000 for concerts.
DownTown Texas will be home to over 450,000 square feet of dynamic entertainment, delicious restaurants and distinctive shopping options, presented in a dynamic and vibrant atmosphere.
Montgomery County Event Center
The Event Center will host sporting events, concerts and other events, with close to 200,000 square feet of space.
- will house a professional hockey team with seating for up to 6,200.
- will host concerts and special performances with capacity for up to 8,000.
- has flexibility that allows the Center to be used as conference or conventions space, with up an unobstructed floor space of 70,000 square feet.
- has flexibility allowing the Center to host other sporting events and tournaments such as volleyball, cheerleading, basketball, gymnastics and more.
Grand Texas Sportsplex
90 acres of green, top of the line, tournament-ready baseball and softball fields with the ability to accommodate up to 200 teams at a time.
Home to hotels, restaurants, the Shady Oaks RV Resort and more. Hospitality Village is conveniently accessible to visitors and local residents alike, offering affordable and convenient lodging, a selection of restaurants and a variety of other services.
For more information on the Grand Texas Sports and Entertainment District visit them online at www.grandtx.com