D.R. Horton’s newest community, Bridges on Lake Houston is scheduled to open in 60 days, around the end of October 2014 according to a D.R. Horton representative.
The newly constructed bridge that runs over the Union Pacific Railroad Tracks, now a center piece as you enter the community is nearly complete and construction is underway of model homes and inventory homes that will be ready for immediate move in.
Located at the intersection of Will Clayton Parkway & West Lake Houston Parkway, Bridges on Lake Houston is a master planned community that will feature homes from the $200s to over $1 Million with Waterfront home sites also available.
The streets have cleverly been named after Bridges all over the world. Some of the names include;
- San Juanico Street, named after the San Juanico Bridge that is part of the Pan-Philippine Highway in the Philippines.
- Langkari Lane, named for the Langkawi Sky Bridge located 700 metres above sea level at the peak of Gunung Mat Chinchang on Pulau Langkawi, an island in the Langkawi archipelago in Kedah.
- Stari Most Lane, after the Stari Most Arch bridge in the city of Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina that crosses the river Neretva and connects two parts of the city
- Weitling Way – Dissing+Weitling is an architecture and design practice of a great number of bridges around the world, ranging from small pedestrian and bicycle bridges to some of the longest bridges in the world.
- Boshphorus Street, named for the Bosphorus Bridge, is one of two suspension bridges spanning the Bosphorus strait in Istanbul, Turkey.
We will continue to follow the progress of Bridges on Lake Houston and update you as more information becomes available.