Big Rivers Waterpark & Adventures at Grand Texas is excited to make its soft opening debut on May 25, 2019.
The park will kick off grand opening weekend with the following one-of-kind and unique water and adventure attractions:
- Wild Isle: The largest inflatable obstacle course in Texas! Floating atop a spring-fed lake nestled in the trees, complete the 54 different floating obstacles for bragging rights
- Boca Chica Bay Wave Pool: Stay cool in the best pool in town
- Gator Gulch: Get up close with alligators to learn about their habitat
- Rio GRAND Lazy River: Grab the family and float down Houston’s biggest lazy river
- Big Al’s Farm Friends: Families can interact with more 30 animals at the petting zoo
- Big Al’s Fishing Hole: Relax by the spring-fed lake for some catch-and-release fishing
- Big Rock Mining: Grab a sluice box to find hidden treasures such as rocks and gems
- Cougar Climb Climbing Wall: Embark on one of the tallest climbing walls in Texas
- Eagle Challenge: Test your dexterity and endurance on 50 different zip and climbing activities stacked six stories high
- Falcon’s Flight: Zip across the park to three different towers
- Hawk’s Glide: For zip line beginners, visitors can fly among the trees within the park
- Mystic Forest Maze: Maneuver through the hidden mysteries and challenge your friends
- Pony Express: Catch a pony ride and create memories
- Raccoon Run: A zip line perfect for the younger guests
- Vulture’s Dive: Free-fall from seven stories high while strapped into a safety harness
Other fun grand opening weekend activities include live music at the Boca Chica Wave Pool from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. featuring The Kelly Peters Trio from Montgomery, TX; free inflatable beach balls floating around the waterpark; water blasters; and many more surprise and delight offerings.
Foodie and entertainment fans will enjoy the park’s Big Red’s BBQ full-service restaurant that features traditional Texas BBQ favorites with indoor and outdoor seating. Providing the feel of an outdoor icehouse, The Dragonfly Biergarten offers local craft beer and shaded seating. Additional food items include food trucks, Dippin’ Dots and more.
“Visitors will have a variety of exciting and adrenaline-pumping water and adventure attractions to enjoy during the soft opening,” states Terre Albert, Chief Operation Officer of Grand Texas. “Whether they are in the mood to relax in Houston’s biggest lazy river or soar across the park, Big Rivers Waterpark & Adventures at Grand Texas guarantees a memorable experience for families and thrill seekers of all ages.”
The week of June 1, the following will open for younger guests:
- The Polliwog Puddle: Splash and laugh in the sprinklers, foundations and nozzles
- Hatchling Hill: Younger guests can glide and drift down six slides
- Gator Splash: The littles will have fun playing in the largest interactive play structure in Texas that includes over 300 play elements, multiple slides and sprayers
By late June, the following multi-rider and body waterslides will open:
- Storm Surge,
- Comal Crush,
- Frio Falls,
- Pecos Plunge,
- Sabine Scream and
- COLORado River Racer.
Big Rivers Waterpark & Adventures at Grand Texas will host promotions and events throughout its inaugural summer season. A few of these include: Military Recognition, May 27-29; Pirate Takeover and Costume Contest, June 1-2: Teacher and School Faculty Appreciation, June 8; Big Rivers Duck Race for Mission Northeast, June 8; and more. Dates are subject to change upon weather conditions. Please see attached for the full event list and details.
Certain adventure attractions require an additional cost. Please visit http://bigriverswaterpark.com for updates on discounts and roll out of the attractions.